Time to read: 2 mins.
We take a look at the main interfaces
Your admin dashboard
When you login to your account, this is what you'll see first
- Feedback hub - Where you can see the actual feedback submitted by your users
- Roadmap tab - This is the main roadmap view for your project. See below for a better explanation.
- Changelog tab - This is where you can create posts to announce new product updates
- Inbox - This is where anything that needs review by your team will be listed.
- Users - This will list details of all users that have interacted with your project.
- Feedback portal - This represents the place where your users will leave feedback for your product.
- Stats - Quick breakdown of feedback at various stages in your product development pipeline.
The feedback portal, from your user's perspective
When your users goto your feedback portal that you've setup, they'll be presented with a different view. They'll be able to comment, vote and add feedback from here.
- Branding - Your company's logo and name are visible here
- Feedback list - Everything that is public is listed here
- Roadmap - If enabled, a link to your roadmap is here
A single piece of feedback
Every piece of feedback can be viewed on it's own page, below is how it'll look from your user's point of view
- Title and description - Every feedback has a title, and a longer description where the user who submitted it can provide a more detailed explanation of what their use case is.
- Feedback status updates - Whenever the status of a piece of feedback changes, it's shown here.
- Comments - Users can add comments, this gives you the ability to follow up
- Feedback info - This shows the person who first created it, and all the people who voted for it. We won't reveal the full names of users here, we'll only show their initials.